Healthcare and Well-being
- Medical Insurance: Two national PPO plans through Blue Cross Blue Shield. California-based employees have an additional Kaiser HMO option.
- Family Forming Benefits: Fertility benefits that support all paths to parenthood, including single parents by choice, same-sex, transgender, and non-gender confirming individuals. Parental leave of up to 12 weeks at 100% pay (within 12 months of the birth, foster, or adoption) and birth parents receive an additional 6-8 weeks disability at 100% pay.
- 24/7 Behavioral Health Support: All employees and their dependents (age 13+) have access to text chats with a licensed counselor. Our Global Employee Assistance Program provides all employees with telephonic access to licensed counselors and expedited access to mental health professionals.
- Additional Benefits: Delta Dental insurance which includes orthodontia for all ages; VSP vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts: Dependent Care, Healthcare, Limited Purpose, and Transit; Personal healthcare advocates to assist with all healthcare needs.
Financial Planning and Protection
- 401k retirement savings plan with traditional and Roth options, through Fidelity, with immediately vested company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount managed by Fidelity.
- Employer-paid life insurance.
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance to protect your income when medical events take you away from work.
- Voluntary plans including legal insurance, identity theft protection, and additional life insurance for yourself, spouse, and child(ren).
- Highly flexible and remote working model to support the individual and unique needs of our people.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy which encourages all employees to take at least 20 days of FTO each year and does not require you to accrue hours prior to taking the time you need.
- 22 paid companywide holidays, including a summer shutdown in August and closure from Christmas Day through New Year’s Day.
- Compassionate leave for the loss of any loved one, including those who experience a pregnancy loss, failed fertility treatment, adoption, or surrogacy.
- Sick Time Policy, separate from FTO, that encourages everyone to take the time they need to feel better.
Benefits listed are for U.S. employees.
Every one of us has a role to play in transforming the lives of the patients counting on us. It takes fierce passion and the ability to be adaptable, resourceful, humble, and driven.
If this sounds like you and you’re ready to transform lives, consider joining Apellis. Are you ready? Your adventure awaits.See Current Opportunities
"I've never seen such an amazing team. The people at Apellis are some of the most talented, collaborative, and dedicated that I've had the opportunity to work with."Michael Dovey
Senior Director, Nephrology Indication Lead